TedDekker

Seedbox Really Worth It? Or Just Leave Computer On? VPN W/ Proxy!

17 posts in this topic

Is a seebox really worth it or should I just leave my computer on with VPN and Socks5 Proxy. Is there really a difference?

Wouldn't I save money because Seedbox's are kind of expensive.

You can get a cheap seedbox for the same price as a VPN.  It's worth it for a bit of privacy and a ratio boost.

Often there is openvpn installed to seedbox, so you get also vpn if you buy seedbox

seedbox worth the money you pay for it. you can use seedbox for upload and many more.. if your seedbox provider have VNC you can manage your server and instal your own applications.. and most of the seedbox providers out there come with openVPN, that means you can browse on the internet without show up your IP address and the most of your traffic is encrypted.

It depends on someone's economic situation. If you can spare some money for a seedbox it's worth it. But if you cannot you can definitely leave the computer on. If you have good upload speeds then it's even better

I think they are worth it. I'd expect to pay 15-20 for a good entry level one.  I've spent around 10 dollars and less from a few companies and you well get what you pay for...so if the price looks too good to be true it probably is.  You might get put on an overloaded box and get no where near the advertised upload speeds.  A lot of companies will offer you a trial if you ask or at least give your money back if you aren't happy in the first few days.  Search for reviews so you know the company is reputable.

I think they are worth it. If you try to install one at home, you should buy the hardware (or the parts you don't already have), have a great internet speed connection, pay for its electricity bill, install it, keep it up to date and when you get bored, search for another use to maximize your investment.

Either if you contract a seedbox, you just have to use the time you need it.

Question to the users who have a seedbox, do you also pay for a VPN service?

is it neccery to also use VPN?

I use a seedbox to seed on difficult ratio trackers instead of leaving my computer on all night. Saves me electrical bills that could rack up had I not gotten myself a seedbox. So yeah definitely worth it.

Yes seedbox is needed for difficult to seed trackers or If you want to be power user quickly then seed box surely helps.

What do you think? Remember the human.