Invite Scene - #1 to Buy, Sell, Trade or Find Free Torrent Invites

#1 TorrentInvites Community. Buy, Sell, Trade or Find Free Torrent Invites for Every Private Torrent Trackers. HDB, BTN, AOM, DB9, PTP, RED, MTV, EXIGO, FL, IPT, TVBZ, AB, BIB, TIK, EMP, FSC, GGN, KG, MTTP, TL, TTG, 32P, AHD, CHD, CG, OPS, TT, WIHD, BHD, U2 etc.

LOOKING FOR HIGH QUALITY SEEDBOX? EVOSEEDBOX.COM PROVIDES YOU BLAZING FAST & HIGH END SEEDBOXES | STARTING AT $5.00/MONTH!

Horrorcharnel : news

Atreides

Greetings and welcome to the 2018 THC Celebrity Deadpool rip.gif

What is it?
Celebrities die all the time.  Sometimes it sucks and other times, not so much.  I think it's time we started having a little fun with it by trying to guess which celebrities are going to die in the next calendar year. 

How does it work?
We "draft" celebrities we think might die in the 2018 calendar year.  If that celebrity dies, then their age at the time of their death gets subtracted from 100 and you get that many points.  Whoever has the most points at the end of the 2018 calendar year wins! clap.gif

We'll have a total of 11 rounds or picks.  Your first ten picks should be older people with a pretty good shot at dying.  The eleventh round pick is the "tragedy pick".  This is for somebody younger who if they die is almost certainly not a natural death.  Car accident,  kurt.gif , drug overdose.  Something like that.  

How's the draft work?
Early December 26th I'll create the official thread.  In it will be the order we draft our names in.  NO PICKING OUT OF ORDER. We'll each pick a name one at a time. You can't pick a celebrity that somebody else has already picked.  We'll go in order in that way until we each have our ten original celebrities and our tragedy pick.   After we all pick our names, I'll edit the post with names of each participant and the celebrities they picked.  Ideally, I'd like to have this done by January 1st, but if we run a little late, we run a little late.  That's a full week to get this done. 

NOTE: The drafting process could also be done in irc or even shout.  I'm choosing this method because I think it's the most inclusive.  Not all people are irc savvy and shout has it's drawbacks too.  I want as many participants as possible because even though celebrities die all the time, picking the right ones can be a bitch.  

How do I enter?
Just leave a comment below saying you want in and I'll add you to the list.  This will also set the order we draft in, so if you're thinking about it, just add your name before somebody else cuts in front of you.  To prove I think this is a fair system, I'll be going last each round.  

Prizes!!!  What do I win?
Greedy bastards.  

First place = 10,000 karma hooray.gif
second place = 5,000 karma takeabow.gif
third place = 2,000 karma woo.gif

NOTE: other prizes possible 

Tips, hints and additional rules
-As I said before, most of your names should be older.  We want people with a chance to die.  You can get crazy with the tragedy pick.

-These people should be celebrities.  Anybody we can confirm died with a quick Google search and a news link.  Your uncle Mike with "boundary issues" with you when you were a kid doesn't count.  No members of this site either. taunt.gif

-Dead means dead.  Not missing and thought to be dead.  Not brain dead.  Not in a coma.  DEAD.  

-Try to come up with more than just 11 names. If I only have 11 names and the person I wanted to pick in the fourth round gets picked in the second or third round, then I need another person because the same one can't be picked twice, remember?  

-A wikipedia link or IMDB link will be needed when we pick your celebs.  This way we know EXACTLY who you're talking about and it'll clear up any confusion in the event there are two celebrities with the same name. 

-Make sure they're actually alive still.

-Make sure your celebrity is at least popular enough for us hear about and prove their death.  It's tough to get points if nobody hears about it or can prove it.

-During the actual draft from December 26th - whenever we finish, there will be a maximum amount of time for you to make a pick.  If you exceed this time, you'll be skipped over.  I'll post the actual time in the next post.  In this day and age of everybody having a smart phone, checking in long enough to make a forum post shouldn't be a problem

-If you're interested in this, but REALLY can't be around during that week+, I'll allow a "surrogate picker".  You'll still have to pick all the celebrities yourself, but you can pm your master list to somebody you trust to draft them for you.  

Special thanks to badalice for the role she played in helping me with this.